Advocate spot on for cats and ferrets
Advocate spot on for cats is a topical anti parasitic treatment containing the active ingredients imidacloprid and moxidectin.
Applied monthly to the back of the neck.
Available in 2 sizes, both of which can be purchased as a box of 3 or 6 pipettes:
Advocate 40 mg + 4 mg spot-on solution for small cats and ferrets
Advocate 80 mg + 8 mg spot-on solution for large cats
This is a prescription only medication to be used as direct by your veterinary surgeon.
Suitable for the treatment or prevention of the following parasites:
For cats suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections:
• the treatment and prevention of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides felis),
• the treatment of ear mite infestation (Otodectes cynotis),
• the treatment of notoedric mange (Notoedres cati),
• the treatment of the lungworm Eucoleus aerophilus (syn. Capillaria aerophila) (adults),
• the prevention of lungworm disease (L3/L4 larvae of Aelurostrongylus abstrusus),
• the treatment of the lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (adults),
• the treatment of the eye worm Thelazia callipaeda (adults),
• the prevention of heartworm disease (L3 and L4 larvae of Dirofilaria immitis),
• the treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes (L4 larvae, immature adults and
adults of Toxocara cati and Ancylostoma tubaeforme).
The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
For ferrets suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections:
• the treatment and prevention of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides felis)
• the prevention of heartworm disease (L3 and L4 larvae of Dirofilaria immitis).
Do not use in kittens under 9 weeks of age.
Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
For ferrets: Do not use Advocate for large cats (0.8 ml) or Advocate for dogs (any size)
Do not use on canaries.
Link to the product overview for Advocate: