Advocate Spot On for dogs
Advocate spot on for dogs is a topical anti parasite treatment containing the active ingredients Imidacloprid and Moxidectin.
Available in 4 sizes all of which can be purchased in a pack of 3 or 6 pipettes:
Advocate for small dogs (<4kg) Advocate for medium dogs (> 4–10 kg)
Advocate for large dogs (> 10–25 kg)
Advocate for extra-large dogs (> 25–40 kg)
This is a prescription only medication to be used as directed by your veterinary surgeon.
For dogs suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections:
• the treatment and prevention of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides felis),
• the treatment of biting lice (Trichodectes canis),
• the treatment of ear mite infestation (Otodectes cynotis), sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes
scabiei var. canis), demodicosis (caused by Demodex canis),
• the prevention of heartworm disease (L3 and L4 larvae of Dirofilaria immitis),
• the treatment of circulating microfilariae (Dirofilaria immitis),
• the treatment of cutaneous dirofilariosis (adult stages of Dirofilaria repens)
• the prevention of cutaneous dirofilariosis (L3 larvae of Dirofilaria repens),
• the reduction of circulating microfilariae (Dirofilaria repens),
• the prevention of angiostrongylosis (L4 larvae and immature adults of Angiostrongylus vasorum),
• the treatment of Angiostrongylus vasorum and Crenosoma vulpis,
• the prevention of spirocercosis (Spirocerca lupi),
• the treatment of Eucoleus (syn. Capillaria) boehmi (adults),
• the treatment of the eye worm Thelazia callipaeda (adults),
• the treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes (L4 larvae, immature adults and
adults of Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala, adults of Toxascaris leonina and Trichuris vulpis).
Do not use in puppies under 7 weeks of age.
Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
Do not use in dogs classified as Class 4 for heartworm disease as the safety of the product has not been
evaluated in this animal group.
For cats, the corresponding “Advocate for cats” product must be used.
For ferrets: “Advocate for small cats and ferrets” (0.4 ml) must be used.
Do not use on canaries.
Exposure to water:
Brief contact of the animal with water on one or two occasions between monthly treatments is unlikely
to significantly reduce the efficacy of the product. However, frequent shampooing or immersion of the
animal in water after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product.
Link to the product overview for Advocate (please continue past the cat section to find the info on dogs)