Moxiclear spot on for dogs
Moxiclear spot on for dogs is a topical spot on for the treatment and/or prevention of fleas, ear mites and certain worms (see below). It contains the active ingredients Imidacloprid and Moxidectin.
It comes in 4 sizes:
Small Dog: <4kg Medium Dog: 4-10kg Large Dogs: 10-25kg Very Large Dogs: 25-40kg Dogs over 40kg can use an appropriate combination of pipettes. Each pack contains 4 pipettes. 1 to be applied to the back of the neck monthly. This is a prescription only medication.
For dogs suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections:
- For the treatment and prevention of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides felis),
- the treatment of biting lice (Trichodectes canis),
- the treatment of ear mite infestation (Otodectes cynotis), sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei v canis), ,
- the prevention of heartworm disease (L3 and L4 larvae of Dirofilaria immitis),
- the treatment of circulating microfilariae (Dirofilaria immitis),
- the treatment of cutaneous dirofilariosis (adult stages of Dirofilaria repens)
- the prevention of cutaneous dirofilariosis (L3 larvae of Dirofilaria repens),
- the reduction of circulating microfilariae (Dirofilaria repens),
- the prevention of angiostrongylosis (L4 larvae and immature adults of Angiostrongylus vasorum),
- the treatment of Angiostrongylus vasorum and Crenosoma vulpis,
- the prevention of spirocercosis (Spirocerca lupi),
- the treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes (L4 larvae, immature adults and adults of Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala, adults of Toxascaris leonina and Trichuris vulpis).
Do not use in puppies under 7 weeks of age.
Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
Do not use in dogs classified as Class 4 for heartworm disease as the safety of the product has not been evaluated in this animal group.
For cats, the corresponding “Moxiclear for cat” product, must be used.
For ferrets: Only “Moxiclear for small cats and ferrets” must be used.
Do not use on canaries.
Contact with water:
Brief contact of the animal with water on one or two occasions between monthly treatments is unlikely to significantly reduce the efficacy of the product. However, frequent shampooing or immersion of the animal in water after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product.
Link to the SPC for Moxiclear 40 mg + 10 mg Spot-on Solution for Small Dogs:
Link to the SPC for Moxiclear 100 mg + 25 mg Spot-on Solution for Medium Dogs:
Link to the SPC for Moxiclear 250 mg + 62.5 mg Spot-on Solution for Large Dogs:
Link to the SPC for Moxiclear 400 mg + 100 mg Spot-on Solution for Very Large Dogs:
Sold as pack of 4