Hills RD Weight Management Dry Dog Food
A complete dry food to aid in weight loss and satiety. Available in 4kg or 12kg bags.
How it helps:
Prescription Diet™ Canine r/d™ was designed specifically for the management of weight problems in dogs. Clinically proven to reduce body fat by 22% in just 2 months.
- Realistic weight loss is approximately 1 % of bodyweight per week.
- The feeding amounts shown may sometimes need to be decreased to produce optimal weight loss.
- Full client co-operation must be obtained and food intake strictly controlled. Hill’s provides client information to help successful weight loss; contact your Hill’s representative for assistance.
- After reaching the target body weight, a dog should be fed Prescription Diet™ Canine w/d™ to maintain its ideal weight. In case of mobility problems, Prescription Diet Canine j/d™ Reduced Calorie can be given.
- The use of a unique nutrient combination to down-regulate the expression of genes associated with fat accumulation exemplifies Hill’s leadership in nutrigenomics.
- Low in calories and fat to help promote weight loss.
- High in dietary fibre to help reduce hunger and discourage begging.
- Supplemented with L-carnitine to help burn fat and preserve muscle.
- Great taste your dog will love
- Also available in mini kibble and a wet formulation
- Overweight dogs
- Fibre-responsive conditions in overweight dogs
- Diabetes mellitus
Not recommended for:
- Dogs that are debilitated or underweight
- Dehydrated dogs, in a hypermetabolic state
- Dogs with moderate to advanced heart failure
- Dogs with chronic kidney disease (IRIS stage 3 – 4)
- Dogs with liver disease
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount as necessary. To correct obesity, the amount to be fed should be based on the estimated ideal weight (target weight) and not the weight when obese.
A 350g can is equal to 85 grams of the dry food.
Maize, chicken 24% and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, cellulose, pea bran meal, dried beet pulp, digest, animal fat, minerals, DL-methionine, L-Lysine, flaxseed, L-carnitine, vitamins, taurine, trace elements, L-tryptophan and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols)
Protein 31.1%, Fat Content 10.6%, Crude Fibre 12.3%, Moisture 8%, Calcium 0.88%, Omega-3 0.26%, Omega-6 2.55%, Phosphorus 0.64%, Sodium 0.28%, Potassium 0.85%, Magnesium 0.1%, L-Carnitine 286mg/kg