Royal Canin Hepatic Dry Dog Food
Royal Canin Hepatic provides nutritional support to dogs in cases of chronic hepatitis, copper metabolism disorders, liver disease and failure. The diet combines highly digestible vegetable proteins and a patented blend of antioxidants to protect cells and strengthen your dog’s natural defenses. With added zinc and L-carnitin to cater to the high energy needs of the liver and promote healthy internal systems. The food is specially formulated to contain reduced copper and sodium levels in order to reduce portal hypertension and extravascular water flow. Delicious and nutritious to suit even the fussiest canine appetites.
Available as 1.5kg, 6kg and 12kg bags.
HEPATIC is a complete dietetic feed for the nutritional management of dogs formulated to support liver function in the case of chronic liver insufficiency and for the reduction of copper in the liver. Moderate level of high quality protein. High level of essential fatty acids and highly digestible carbohydrates. Low level of copper.
It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use. Initially feed Hepatic for up to 6 months.
- Vegetable Protein – Vegetable protein which is better assimilated by dogs with liver insufficiency.
- Low Copper – Low level of copper to help reduce its accumulation in liver cells.
- Antioxidant Complex – A patented synergistic complex of antioxidants to help neutralise free radicals.
- High Energy – Adequate energy intake to meet the needs of an adult dog without overloading the stomach.
- Composition – Rice, maize, animal fats, soya protein isolate*, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, minerals, soya oil, vegetable fibres, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein).
- Additives (per kg) – Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 11600 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 115 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4.3 mg, E5 (Manganese): 53 mg, E6 (Zinc): 212 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.38 mg – Preservatives – Antioxidants.
- Analytical constituents – Protein: 16% – Fat content: 16% – Crude ash: 4.7% – Crude fibres: 2% – Essential fatty acids: 43 g/kg – Total copper: 5 mg/kg – Sodium: 0.2% – Potassium: 0.9% – Metabolisable energy: 4043 kcal/kg. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation