SD Canine Hills 370g Tins
A complete wet food for use in dissolving struvite uroliths in dogs. Tray of 12 tins.
How it helps:
Prescription Diet™ Canine s/d™has been formulated to help dissolve struvite crystals and stones in your dog
- Helps dissolve struvite stones.
- Targets an acid urinary pH to help increase the solubility of struvite.
- Not suitable for long-term feeding
- The transition to feeding s/d™ Canine should ideally take a period of 7 days.
- Monitor the urine and control urinary tract infection throughout dissolution. Urinary pH will increase if infection with urease-producing bacteria is not eliminated. Urinary pH must be continuously acidic for successful dissolution.
- Dogs fed foods with a restricted protein content commonly exhibit unusual laboratory values, e.g. it is not ncommon to find a urinary specific gravity below 1.020 and a plasma/serum urea value less than 1.7 mmol/l (10mg/dl).
Dissolution of struvite uroliths
Not recommended for
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- First 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers
- Feeding for longer than 6 months, without monitoring plasma protein and acid-base status (because of low protein content and urine acidifying properties).
- Dogs with non-struvite uroliths
- Dogs with heart failure, hypertension, kidney disease or liver disease
- Dogs with hyperlipidaemia or pancreatitis, or at risk of pancreatitis
These ranges are a starting point only because dogs’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight. Prescription Diet s/d Canine is not recommended for long-term maintenance feeding.
|Body Weight kg||Cans 370g|
|2.5||1/3 – 1/2|
|5||2/3 – 1|
|10||1 – 1 1/2|
|20||1 3/4 – 2 1/2|
|30||2 1/2 – 3 1/3|
|40||3 – 4 1/4|
|50||3 2/3 – 5|
|60 +||3/4 per 10 kg|
COMPOSITION: Cereals, oils and fats, meat and animal derivatives, various sugars, eggs and egg derivatives, minerals, derivatives of vegetable origin. Urine acidifying substances: DL-methionine, choline chloride. Protein sources: Pork liver, dried egg.
Nutritional Information (As Fed):
Protein 2.1%, Carbohydrate 16.6%, Fat Content 7.4%, Crude Fibre 0.7%, Moisture 71.9%, Calcium 0.08%, Omega-3 0.12%, Omega-6 1.59%, Phosphorus 0.03%, Sodium 0.34%, Potassium 0.12%, Magnesium 0.01%, Target Urinary pH 5.9 – 6.3
Out of stock