Specific CCD Struvite Management Dry Dog Food
A complete dry food formulated to aid dissolving and prevent recurrence of struvite stones in dogs. Available in 2kg, 7kg or 12kg bags.
Makes urine more acidic in order to dissolve struvite stones, lowered magnesium and phosphorous to help prevent recurrence. Not suitable for other bladder stone types.
Specific Struvite Management is a complete food for adult dogs, specially developed to help prevent and dissolve struvite uroliths, whilst enhancing the condition of the coat (tackling problems of hair loss, dry skin or coat dullness). The food is also developed to promote a low urine PH (below 6.4), acting to dissolve existing struvite crystals and prevent the formation of new ones through its low-level phosphorous and magnesium content. The inclusion of omega -3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) will further promote the health of skin, joints and coat for a healthier looking dog. Highly digestible and palatable to suit even the most selective appetites.
- Dissolution & reduced recurrence of struvite – The diet has a reduced content of magnesium and phosphorus (components of struvite crystals) for dissolution and reduction of recurrence struvite crystals and stones
- Urine pH control – A urine pH below 6.4 dissolves existing struvite crystals and minimises the risk of precipitation of new struvite crystals
- High digestible – High quality and highly digestible ingredients ensure a maximum uptake of nutrients from the diet, whilst reducing faecal output
- Joint, skin & coat support – EPA and DHA are both omega-3 fatty acids with a beneficial effect on the maintenance of healthy joints, skin and coats
Not recommended for
- Urolithiasis due to calcium oxalate, ammonium urate or cystine
- Simultaneous administration of urinary acidifiers
- Metabolic acidosis
- Dogs with hyperlipidaemia or pancreatitis
- Puppies and pregnant or lactating bitches
The following table shows the recommended daily feed amount in grams. The individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.
|Weight of Dog kg||Lean||Average||Overweight|
Maize starch, wheat, maize protein, pork fat, maize, egg powder, minerals, fish meal, animal protein hydrolysate, potato protein, Antarctic krill, vitamins and trace elements (including chelated trace elements), cellulose powder, yeast, methionine, fish oil, psyllium husk, rosemary extract. With natural antioxidants (tocopherols and vitamin C).
Contains no added artificial colours or flavourings.
Energy: 1714kJ, Energy: 410kcal, Protein (Crude): 21g, Fat (Crude): 19g, Carbohydrate (NFE): 44.3g, Fibre (Crude): 1.6g, Calcium: 0.55g, Phosphorus: 0.38g, Magnesium: 0.06g, Sodium: 0.6g, Omega-3 Fatty Acids: 0.37g, Ratio n-3:n-6: 1:7, Water: 8.5g