Stronghold spot on for cats & dogs
Stronghold spot on is a topical anti parasite treatment for cats and dogs. It contains the active ingredient Selamectin.
It comes in 7 sized depending on the size and species of the pet. These are available in packs of 3 or 6 pipettes. 1 pipette is to be applied to the back of the neck monthly.
This is a prescription only medication.
Indications for use:
Cats and dogs:
• Treatment and prevention of flea infestations caused by Ctenocephalides spp. for one month
following a single administration. This is as a result of the adulticidal, larvicidal and ovicidal
properties of the product. Through a reduction in the flea population, monthly treatment of pregnant and lactating animals will also aid in the prevention of flea infestations in the litter up to seven weeks of age.
• Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis with monthly administration.
• Treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
• Treatment of biting lice infestations (Felicola subrostratus)
• Treatment of adult roundworms (Toxocara cati)
• Treatment of adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme).
• Treatment of biting lice infestations (Trichodectes canis)
• Treatment of sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei)
• Treatment of adult intestinal roundworms (Toxocara canis).
Do not use in animals under 6 weeks of age.
Do not use in cats that are suffering from concomitant disease, or are debilitated and underweight
Do not apply when the animal’s hair coat is wet. However, shampooing or soaking the animal 2 or
more hours after treatment will not reduce the efficacy of the product.
For ear mite treatment, do not apply directly to the ear canal.
It is important to apply the dose as indicated to minimise the quantity that the animal can lick off. If
significant licking does occur, a brief period of hypersalivation may rarely be observed in cats.
Washing & Swimming:
Animals may be bathed 2 hours after treatment without loss of efficacy.
Link to the product overview for Stronghold spot on: